Which is better for lead-acid batteries or lithium batteries for electric vehicles?
With the upgrading of electric vehicle battery technology and technology, the development and growth of lithium batteries and the continuous rise of application fields have continued. However, it is only a continuous rise. Due to the safety performance of lithium batteries and the cost-effectiveness of lithium batteries, there is still a long way to go to replace the leading role of traditional lead-acid batteries. Which is better, lead-acid batteries or lithium batteries, in the future, lead-acid batteries will still play a leading role in electric bicycle power batteries. There are three types of batteries generally used in electric bicycles, lead-acid batteries, nickel-hydrogen rechargeable batteries, and lithium-ion batteries. Lithium battery electric bicycles are very light and use electricity for a long time. Not to mention the better ones, today I will take a look at the lead-acid battery or lithium battery for a battery car.
Electric vehicle lithium battery
Battery car lead-acid battery or lithium battery which is better
1. Half the price of a battery car is on the battery. Lithium batteries are much more expensive than lead-acid batteries, and lithium electric cars are also much more expensive.
2. In terms of product quality, it has long battery life, which can run farther than lead-acid batteries.
3. Be sure to pay attention to waterproof and moisture-proof during safe use, which is harder to serve than lead-acid batteries. The manganese dioxide in the positive electrode of a lithium battery can generate heat with only a small drop of water. After the sulfurous chloride in the lithium battery comes into contact with water, it generates hydrochloric acid and sulfur dioxide and releases heat at the same time. Several factors make the lithium battery a "fire source" in daily life. You must pay attention to waterproofing when using lithium batteries safely. Moisture and humidity proof.
4. I personally feel that although there are already lithium batteries on sale, the transaction volume is not very satisfactory and is not recognized by the public. From the perspective of environmental protection, lithium batteries are more environmentally friendly than lead-acid.
5. Lead-acid batteries can now be repaired, including instruments and equipment plus manual repairs. I don't know if lithium batteries can be repaired.
The main advantages of lithium batteries:
1. The lithium battery has a high voltage platform and can be made into a lithium battery pack well
Lithium battery voltage platform is high: the average working voltage of the single battery is 3.7V or 3.2V, which is approximately equal to the series voltage of 3 nickel-cadmium batteries or nickel-metal hydride batteries, which is conducive to combining into a battery power pack.
2. High energy ratio and light weight
Compared with batteries, lithium batteries have higher energy density. With high storage energy density, it has reached 460-600Wh/kg at this stage, which is about 6-7 times that of lead-acid batteries; compared with lead-acid batteries, lithium batteries are lighter and weigh about 1% of lead-acid products under the same volume. /5-6.
3. Long service life, the number of normal cycles is still long
The service life of lithium batteries is relatively long, and the service life can reach more than six years. The battery with lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode is charged and discharged with 1CDOD, which can be used for a thousand times;
4. No memory effect, high power instantly
With high power tolerance, the lithium iron phosphate lithium ion battery used in electric vehicles can reach 15-30C charge and discharge capacity, which is conducive to high-intensity start-up acceleration; low self-discharge rate, no memory effect;
5. Strong adaptability, high and low temperature resistance
Lithium batteries are highly adaptable to high and low temperatures, and can be used in an environment of -20°C to -60°C. Through technological treatment, they can be used in an environment of -45°C. They are environmentally friendly and energy-saving, regardless of production, processing, use or scrap It does not contain or form any toxic and harmful heavy metal elements and substances such as lead, mercury, and cadmium.
Electric bicycle lead-acid battery or lithium battery, which is better? In comparison, lead-acid battery technology is mature and perfect, and 75% of the raw materials can be recycled normally, so the price is relatively cheap, and it is more suitable for the purchasing power of electric bicycle consumers. Even if the proportion of lithium-ion batteries may increase in the future, lead-acid batteries will still dominate the power battery of electric bicycles. It will take a long way for lithium batteries to replace the leading role of lead-acid batteries.
Contact Person: Ms. Alice