Global smartphone market: Samsung tops the top ten Chinese manufacturers more than half
June 4, 2019
Of the products that cost more than $500, 47% are equipped with a display that is more than 5 inches. Of the remaining 53%, 87% are Apple's iPhone. Canalys pointed out that consumers' expectations for high-priced terminals have always been big screens.
According to Nikkei technology online! According to a market research report released by the UK market research company Canalys on May 12, 2014, global smartphone shipments in the first quarter of 2014 (January-March) were 279.4 million units, up 29% year-on-year.
In terms of the OS's shipment share, Google's "Android" topped the list with 81%, Apple's "iOS" was 16%, and Microsoft's "Windows Phone" was 3%.
Samsung Electronics continues to lead with 31% of the shipments of major manufacturers, far exceeding Apple's 16%. In addition, half of the top ten vendors are Chinese manufacturers, ranking third in Huawei, fourth in Lenovo, sixth in Xiaomi, eighth in Yulong (mobile brand is Cool) and The ninth column of ZTE. The Chinese market accounts for 35% of global shipments, far exceeding the US market's 12%.
According to Canalys, in the first quarter of 2014, shipments of large-screen smartphones over 5 inches increased rapidly by 369% year-on-year. Terminals above 5 inches account for 34% of total global shipments. This figure is 39% in Greater China (including Hong Kong and Taiwan) and 43% in Asia Pacific.
Huawei Ascend P7 debut
The leading player in the big-screen smartphone market is still Samsung. The company's market share is 44% for terminals above 5 inches and 53% for terminals above 5.5 inches. However, Lenovo, Huawei, LG and Sony Mobile Communications have also increased shipments in this market with high-priced products. According to Canalys, high-priced products are clearly showing a large screen trend.
In addition, 47% of products that cost more than $500 are equipped with a display that is more than 5 inches. Of the remaining 53%, 87% are Apple's iPhone. Canalys pointed out that consumers' expectations for high-priced terminals have always been big screens. Although Apple does not have products in this field, this situation will not last long.
Canalys predicts that "to maintain the competitiveness of the iPhone, Apple is clearly going to launch a large-screen smartphone. It is estimated that Apple will solve this problem in the next few months."