Medical portable ultrasound system battery design plan--18650 BATTERY PACK
May 9, 2020
Medical portable ultrasound system battery design plan
With the development of medical technology and the improvement of human material living standards, the portable function of medical equipment and home application of products have become the development trend of the entire industry. The portable B-mode ultrasound machine gets rid of the non-mobile shortcomings of traditional desktop AC power supply, and realizes the advantages of lightness, portability and multi-function. The product uses a high-performance lithium battery pack for power supply to meet the product's continuous, efficient and stable operation.
1. Requirements for portable B-mode ultrasound battery design:
The portable B-mode ultrasound machine is convenient for medical personnel to carry out portable indoor and outdoor operations, and providing continuous, efficient and stable mobile power has become the biggest guarantee for the normal operation of such equipment. The solution uses high-performance batteries to make the whole battery have the characteristics of high energy ratio, light weight, small size, high cycle life, high safety and high consistency. The power management scheme uses a highly intelligent SBS battery management system to effectively manage the safety and power of the battery.
Second, the portable B-machine battery design plan:
1) Protection board (PCM): It is mainly a protection circuit designed for rechargeable smart battery packs. Due to the chemical characteristics of the lithium battery itself, it is necessary to provide intelligent power calculation, overcharge, overdischarge, short circuit, overcurrent and overtemperature, etc. Protective function. To avoid the danger of burning or explosion.
2) AFE / IC (Protection IC): the main protection function chip of the design scheme, which performs online monitoring of overcharge, overdischarge, overcurrent, short circuit and other functions of the cell. Make the battery work in a safe, stable and efficient range.
3) 18650 Li-ion cell: 18650 Li-ion cell (BAK).
4) Field effect tube (MOSFET): The MOSFET tube acts as a switch in the protection circuit, so that the voltage at both ends of the load will not increase or decrease, ensuring the voltage stability.
5) Power management control chip (BQ2085): a fully functional fuel gauge with an analog-to-digital converter (ADC) to measure voltage and temperature and an analog-to-digital converter to measure current and charge sensing. The fuel gauge has a microprocessor that is responsible for performing power detection and can provide information such as the remaining state of capacity (Remaining State of Capacity). The BQ2085 chip also provides the remaining Run Time to Empty. The host can inquire the information from the fuel gauge at any time and notify the user of the battery information. The fuel gauge is very convenient to use, allowing users to grasp the battery power at any time.
6) Battery pack packaging: plastic shell.