which is better, the lead-acid battery or the lithium battery?
April 21, 2020
This article takes you to understand which is better, the lead-acid battery or the lithium battery
With the update of electric vehicle battery technology, the development and application of lithium batteries have increased year by year. However, it has only risen. Limited to the performance and cost performance of lithium batteries, there is still a long way to go to replace the status of the big brother of traditional lead-acid batteries. Which is better, lead-acid batteries or lithium batteries? Regarding the future development of lithium batteries, what are the prospects? Relevant experts talked about the trend of "lithium electrification" of electric bicycles. In the future, lead-acid batteries will still occupy the dominant position of electric bicycle power batteries.
There are three types of batteries commonly used for electric bicycles, lead storage batteries, nickel metal hydride batteries, and lithium ion batteries. Lithium battery electric bicycles are very lightweight and use a long time. What are the advantages and disadvantages compared to lead batteries?
1. Half of the price of an electric car is on a battery. Lithium batteries are much more expensive than lead-acid batteries, and lithium electric vehicles are much more expensive.
2. The quality is long battery life, and it can run farther than lead-acid batteries.
3. It must be waterproof during use, which is more difficult to serve than lead-acid batteries. The manganese dioxide in the positive electrode of the lithium battery can only generate heat with a small drop of water. Sulfur chloride in a lithium battery comes into contact with water, and generates heat energy while generating hydrochloric acid and sulfur dioxide. Several factors make the lithium battery a "fire" in life. When using lithium batteries, pay attention to waterproofing and moisture.
4. I personally think that although there are already lithium batteries sold, the sales volume is not very satisfactory and is not recognized by the public. From an environmental point of view, lithium batteries are more environmentally friendly than lead acid.
5. Lead-acid batteries can be repaired now, including manual repair of the instrument. I do n’t know if the lithium battery can be repaired.
Which is better, lead-acid batteries or lithium batteries? In contrast, lead-acid battery technology is mature, and 75% of the raw materials can be recycled, so the price is relatively cheap, which is more suitable for the purchasing power of electric bicycle consumers. ? Although the proportion of lithium-ion batteries will increase in the future, lead-acid batteries will still dominate in electric bicycle power batteries. Lithium batteries need to take a long way to replace lead batteries.